Monday, February 10, 2014

Mirage

“Sometimes things become possible if we want them bad enough.”  
― T.S. Eliot

41 days to the year.

Well, just last Friday, I think I had my most drunken state yet. Not intentional, mind you, just the sequence of events made it so. It was supposed to be a light dinner with some beers to celebrate an office mate's birthday. Then, afterwards, some of the people involved were not yet drunk enough it seems, so they went to the next bar and ordered more. I had to go back to the office since it was technically still my shift and I had to keep up a pretense that I was there even though I wasn't. Submitted some tasks then went back and drank some more. This time there was plenty of drinks to go around. We were like 14 or more people there but there were more than 15 pitchers of that black stuff. Sweet poison. And we drank like there was no tomorrow.

By the time 6 pitchers were left, we were around less than 10 people (some had to go back to the office). We no longer had plans to finish it all, but some office mates came and helped us down the last two pitchers. But they came too late to my revelation, as I have already admitted the name of Meadow in my drunken state to those who were around without not much coaxing. The group erupted with cheers, as if there was already something where there is none. I don't know if that's a good thing, but when you're really, really drunk, there's not a care in the world.

The last group (4 people) was not satisfied with just the last two pitchers, so they went to the next bar that's still open at 5:00 in the morning. And I was dragged along with them. It was like a pub crawl. I was still myself, but was very drunk that some of the things that happened there I don't even remember. And I think that's the first time it happened. Too bad they didn't talk to me, or tell me to open up, because I could have talked a lot.

I was so drunk I fell asleep there. When they woke me up I just wanted to lay there on the street. But I have to go back to the office and keep a straight face so as not to let on that I am drunk. But as I walk I felt the earth moving along with me and me legs were really jelly, squishy and wobbly. It was a good thing my friend rode in a taxi and dropped me off near the building because I probably wouldn't have been able to manage.

Anyway, another big thing that has happened is that we now have a brand new car. I don't think I placed it anywhere in my wishlist. But I was also happy that my parents are happy having their own new car. All we had until now were second-, if not third-hand cars, and there were a lot issues, and failing parts. Now we own one. But yeah, it would be a lie if I deny that Meadow had something to do with the desire to have one. I think it was the YEP that made me start to think about getting a new car. I'll be paying for it, but my parents paid for more than a third, so I think I'll be able to manage the monthly dues.

Now I'll just need to learn how to drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment