Monday, October 6, 2014

Uncharted

“Maybe it’s okay that you don’t know what’s going to happen. Maybe you should stop predicting and controlling and enjoy each moment as it comes.” -- Mandy Hale

I'm telling you, this has been one of the farthest places I've ever been to when you think about it. Yep. Never even met a parent of any of the lost or the unrequited loves we had. Ah but we still don't know where we are. We still don't know how she feels. Needless to say, I was surprised as to how this day unfolded.

First, I have to admit, I did give up last Saturday. That was one of the lowest points I've ever had. There is no one, I thought, no one at all... I was so depressed I bought two figures unplanned just so I can look forward to something in my life. Yup. That lasagna I ate alone yesterday tasted like defeat and to think I was fine 3 weeks ago, sitting on a four-person table eating (yes, a lasagna as well) all by my lonesome. After getting home, I slept for 10 hours. I haven't left her any messages since the one of Friday night.

By noon yesterday (Sunday), I was surprised she sent a message asking if I was going to that mall in pasay because she was going there to drive her sister. I know I might have read things wrong before and it's a common fault of mine to misinterpret, but I did hear an invitation in those words. Was I wrong? Did she want me to go there? I don't know. Did I want to go there? It's far, but I do. It's something I've never done. It could be a pseudo date or something. She told me she'd probably be alone wandering the mall after. Why tell me these things if she doesn't want me to come?

After some back and forth with her and a friend (whom I was asking for advice real-time), I decided to go. Someone was supposed to come with us as well but I did hope he will decline and thank goodness he did not show up! I did not know what I was going to do when I got there but at the time I was on a different mall with my family eating lunch. I was so distracted I don't even remember what the lunch tasted. Good thing they wanted to go home early so after getting home, I was still deciding how to tell them I was going to MOA. I was prancing back and forth and told them. My mother sort of knew. I think she read my messages while I was taking a bath. But yeah, that was a first. They told me to take the car and I did.

The skies were downcast it felt like it would rain. After coursing through traffic, I was able to arrive at moa. Also, surprisingly, I was able to park as well.

I think she was finished with what she had to do but she told me to get to smx first and we'll meet there. And her mother would come with us because she did not went into the event. It was a surprising turn of events but I'll take her mother over that other office mate anytime.

Her mother reminds me of someone. She's like my aunt I guess. She also sells houses. She has a lot of stories and she's proud of her daughters. The three of us went for coffee and talked there for hours. And I think it was good. I think it was OK. I did not think I messed it up..but sometimes you wouldn't know... what could her first impressions of me be? I hope she had a good opinion of me.

tobecontinued..

No comments:

Post a Comment