Friday, February 14, 2014

Deja Vu

“I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed.” 
― Sarah Dessen

@#(*%!@#)!

Should have done it earlier. Should have done it when we planned it. Argh. Had we done that, we would have had a clearer picture. But there's no use regretting the moments that passed. What can't be cured, must be endured.

But man, what the hell. The bid is now at 2500. I could top that, but I don't think I will. The amount is ridiculous, and donating it to charity somewhat pretentious already. If it was not done by committee and was just by a single person... I don't know what to say. Kudos, probably.. (but I'll be saying different things in my mind...something akin to desperation and ego maybe)
I think my breath caught when I found out the amount. It was a 500% increase. It was way beyond what I planned I could spend for this. Maybe if I did not beat the bid too early, I could have managed to keep the amount low. At this rate, I wouldn't snipe-bid it for the world. Who can it be? I can't help but get the feeling again, that I'm up against someone with a lot of money to burn. It didn't end well before...

I knew this could happen the moment I saw her as a participant to this. And now that it has, things are now more difficult and complicated. As if it wasn't already.

But the day is not yet done...

No comments:

Post a Comment